Subject: Re: [Leica] Focusing Closer
From: "Dale R. Reed" <dale-reed@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 12:20:51 -0800

Nigel said:

>Yes.  Purchase a second-hand Visoflex.  Mounting any of your lenses
you
>will be able to get nearly 1:1...but not much in between that and the
.7
>meters.  The other solution is to find a 65 Elmar and focussing mount
as
>well.  This lens will go from about 1:1 to infinity.

OK, I did it.  65 Elmar and Visoflex II and Bellows II.   Also bought
an older(I guess) Tele-Elmar 1:4/135.  Just starting to figure it all
out.

Three questions:

1)  My newer lens do not appear to fit so I guess I need a adapter.
What is the part number of the adapter I require to match fit my one
year old 35, 50 and 90mm lens to the Visoflex?

1)  What is the Leitz Wetzlar Germany 16596G(not sure about the G,
there is something there but it is difficult to read) that came with
the set-up for?

2)  The view through the horizontal 4x viewfinder is hazy.  I think I
have cleaned everything that matters and have concluded that the haze
is caused by the 4x viewfinder rectangular window that matches with
the rectangular window on the top of the Visoflex.  If so is it
supposed to be hazy instead of clear?  If it is supposed to be clear
how do I fix it?

Thanks for the help.   Dale
- ---
$ dale-reed@worldnet.att.net  Seattle, Washington U.S.A. $