Subject: Re: [Leica] Minilux or Hexar?
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 12:42:10 +0000

>"Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net> wrote:
>>Most of the time you leave the flash control on automatic so
>>emphasis on some sort of problem with the Mode control is way
>>overblown IMHO.
>
>Not me or my sweetie! 1/2 of the time spent using the T4 Yashica
>is spent turning the f*%^!#^ Mode control to Flash Off before *each*
>exposure. This is a problem with MOST p/s cameras, not just the M'lux,
>but that does not make it less of a problem. The Ricoh GR-1 uses a
>SWITCH that stays where you put it until you decide to change it.
>
>[..]
>>BTW, one of these days I'm going to give that GR-1 a try.
>>If you're right about it, there really is a Tooth Fairy:-)

Well, I bought my GR-1 also because one switch turns off the flash
permanently - or at least until you put the switch back into the 'flash on
position'. But the GR-1 has its on-off button problem. The main on-off
button sticks out just a little bit too far, so that if you carry the
camera in your pocket it will from time to time turn itself on, retracting
the lens hood and pushing the lens out where it can easily be bent out of
position. Why did they not put a switch there too. instead of a button?
Probably a qustion of 25 cents on a $250 camera.  But the lens is sharp.
Also fully open.

- --
christer almqvist
eichenstrasse 57, d-20255 hamburg, fon +49-40-407111 fax +49-40-4908440
14 rue de la hauteur, f-50590 regnéville-sur-mer, fon+fax +33-233 45 35 58