Subject: Re: [Leica] Apples and Oranges
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 14:11:32 -0500

Peter-
Of course you know that you'll no doubt be flamed, but this very thing was
something Bob Bedwell and I discussed earlier this week. For many people,
not just action photographers, but people with failing eyesight and other
physical restraints, AF is a godsend.
Someone had said that when the only tool you have is a hammer, all problems
start to look like nails... well, I agree that there are many photographic
problems out there, and one single solution, i.e. Leica, cannot solve them
all.
I can remember taking shots of  the football games in highschool with an old
Rollei TLR- I can appreciate the modern fast focusing cameras for their
ability to be there when it happens, and I can also appreciate the leisurely
pace of the old Leica LTM cameras for their qualities.... Rest assured,
Peter, you aren't alone in the way you think+ACE-
( Personally- I think if Leica is smart, they'll have an R9, AND an AFR-1 +ACE-)
Best of both worlds :)
Dan
dwpost+AEA-msn.com