Subject: Re: [Leica] WEB
From: Patrick Giagnocavo <pgiagnoc@qi.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 09:38:27 -0500

Pascal wrote:
> don't worry, it happens to us all :-)
> When I started at xoom, I was in the same situation you are in now. Knew
> nothing about html and so on. But I had Adobe PageMill pre-installed on
> my Mac, and so started to work with that WYSIWYG webpage editor, through
> trial and error. After spending a weekend on it, I came out with
> something worth showing. And later, once I got the hang of the program,
> more elaborate changes were made.

> Pascal

Pascal,

PageMill and CyberStudio are indeed very nice.

However, for a total beginner I am surprised no one has mentioned
AOLPress.  This is a graphical Web page building program that is
very flexible, easy to use, available for Mac and Windows, and is
FREE!

http://www.aolpress.com/

We use it at the 70-person company I work for to publish pages on
the internal WWW server.

I second the comments about the photo.net pages for information on
preparing images for the Web.  This advice is dead-on.

Cordially

./patrick