Subject: RE: [Leica] digital photography - a BIG frustration
From: Alexander <mediadyne@hol.gr>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 10:55:59 +0200

- --------------2B9B5645EA67F12140CBCBBA

> It always amuses me when someone posts photos on their site, with the purpose
> of demonstrating how sharp a particular lens is.  Regardless of how good the
> quality of a scan, no computer monitor can begin to show the difference
> between a photo taken with an excellent lens and mediocre lens.  Photos posted
> on a site can show many things like composition,  but they tell nothing about
> lens sharpness.
>
> Tom Shea

Dear Tom,
As you have posted under the thread that I started, I will assume that you are answering to my post. If not, then forgive me.
I never put those scans there to show the difference between lens resolution, just my ability to scan slides and/or if scanning technology can produce acceptible results for those type of pictures.
So, before amusing yourself, I would suggest you read carefully the posts.

Regards,
Alexander

- --------------2B9B5645EA67F12140CBCBBA

<pre>It always amuses me when someone posts photos on their site, with the purpose
of demonstrating how sharp a particular lens is.&nbsp; Regardless of how good the
quality of a scan, no computer monitor can begin to show the difference
between a photo taken with an excellent lens and mediocre lens.&nbsp; Photos posted
on a site can show many things like composition,&nbsp; but they tell nothing about
lens sharpness.

Tom Shea</pre>
Dear Tom,
you are answering to my post. If not, then forgive me.
just my ability to scan slides and/or if scanning technology can produce
acceptible results for those type of pictures.
posts.

- --------------2B9B5645EA67F12140CBCBBA--