Subject: Re: [Leica] SHARPNESS
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 00:32:51 EST

In a message dated 12/29/98 11:13:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
peterk@lucent.com writes:

<< The reason pros don't opt for Leica is more than price.  >>
Peter, I don't think that most pros are as concerned with quality as they are
with getting the shot. The camera is viewed as a tool with the same
cost/benefit concerns that other aspects of their "business" have. I have
found over the years that amateurs as a group are much more concerned about
resolution and other subtleties than are the pros I have known( and price is
not really much of an issue for the truly committed amateur). Of course there
are a few pros who share the quality orientation of  many Luggers and some of
them are here.

I have tried Canon, Pentax, Nikon and Leica over the years and in depth. I am
now back with Leica because the images are more pleasing to me. There are
differences among these manufacturers' glass and you can see them if you so
desire. Are the differences important and meaningful? That depends on your
point of view. I certainly make no judgments about others tastes. However, I
prefer leica.

Bob Figlio