Subject: Re: [Leica] Question on the Metz 40 MZ-2
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 19:16:29 +0000

I've got both models. When I do need a portable flash, I find myself
bringing along the 32 rather than the 40 simply because it's smaller
and lighter.  For the shadow problem you've encountered from bounce
flash, I attach with a rubber band a piece of white
card or stiff paper to the rear of the flash head. Some of
the light is directed forward at the subject to fill in the shadows.

On the other hand, the 40 is loaded with neat features which you
might find suited to your style.  I especially like the wireless
slave capability (which requires the slave adapter on another 40)
and the stroboscopic function for special effects as in
http://www.connix.com/~royzart/sample.JPG

If you decide to go with the 40 and explore the second-hand market,
do be sure to get a manual.  This is one complex little device.

Roy

On 29 Dec 98 at 19:57, Pascal wrote:

 40 MZ-2 has two light sources: the main head which can be tilted,
> and a small fixed one underneath. Can this flash be recommended?
> Does anyone have any experience with it? Would I be well advised to
> trade in my 32 MZ-3 against a 40 MZ-2? Are there other
> features/issues I should be aware of? Thanks for any help.
   Roy C. Zartarian
   "A prophet is not without honor except in his
    own land and among his own people"

Written with the assistance of a labrador retriever whose chin is on the key board. All typos are his fault.