Subject: Re: [Leica] Minilux or Hexar or Contax?
From: "steve" <steve@mvillage.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 17:59:09 -0500

the contax t2 works very well. I tried the nikon ti35 first but it has
horrible controls. the contax is very straght forward. I haven't gotten the
owners manual yet. I couldn't figure the nikon out without the manual and it
still was frustrating to control. The hexar is nice but big and no flash
when you do need it. I also leave the flash off if at all possible tho I
have found my family prefers the flash shots to the available light shots of
family get togethers. Haven't used the Minilux, but I have read that it
needs many buttons pushed for no flash shots. The ricoh gr1 is also a great
camera. That choice would be between the 28mm on the gr1 and 38 on the
contax for me.
Steve
- ----------
>From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
>To: "leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us" <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
>Subject: RE: Re: [Leica] Minilux or Hexar?
>Date: Mon, Dec 28, 1998, 2:34 PM
>

>Hi Bud,
>
>I want the flash control OFF 90% of the time. This is just my style of
shooting--I want to use available light as much as possible. So for me the
bad flash mode control setup on the Minilux was a MAJOR issue. I am not
saying that the pictures taken with the Minilux were bad, but for me, the
problem with the ergonomics outweighed everything else. And the lens quality
of the GR1 is just as good, assuming that you like the 28mm focal length.

>This whole thread just goes to show that there really is no substitute for
trying a camera for yourself before making the purchase (or buying with a
return privilege).