Subject: Re: [Leica] SHARPNESS (long!)
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 07:51:14 -0800

Alexey Merz wrote:  and lots more.

>Contrast, ah yes. THAT is a (not "the") crux of the matter, as
>Erwin Puts has pointed out so clearly, over and over. As Erwin
>points out, the old DR Summicron 50 can resolve well over 100
>lp/mm but the Summicron-M is a much better performer, due in
>large measure to its superior contrast at 10-20 lp/mm. See, for
>discussion:
>
>http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/r/tests/r14-50.html
>
>As a biologist whose professional work revolves around optical
>microscopy, perhaps I can add to this discussion.>>>>>>>>

Alexey,

Thank you very much.  It is post's such as yours that make the LUG what it
truly is, friends and folks who are so diverse in profession and knowledge,
sharing it and giving, so others can learn from their experience.

This is a "keeper post!"  Many thanks.
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant