Subject: Re: [Leica] Need Ring Light Flash
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 17:35:11 -0600

At 09:43 PM 12/28/98 +0100, you wrote:
>I read somewhere that the R8 has a "built-in flashmeter", but doesn't
>have TTL-flash metering.  Can anyone comment on this?  Sounds very odd
>to me...

Whoever said that is wrong. The R8 has very good TTL flash metering. AND a
built in flash meter too. You just can't do both at the same time. Which
makes sense. A flash meter isn't going to test the exact exposure of a TTL
flash which would change depending on where the camera is pointed at any
given minute. With a flash meter, the flash isn't normally going to be
attached to the hotshoe. And you don't have to waste film like you do on a
Rollei 6001.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO