Subject: RE: [Leica] The 3D Efect
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 17:21:23 -0600

At 09:49 AM 12/28/98 -0800, you wrote:

>WHile I am not the expert, the effect of the Rangefinder is called
>"tunneling."  This adds to a perspective in all pictures as it takes
>advantage of depth of field.  So I am not confused, just not expert enough
>to elaborate in the exacting detail required by the LUGs.

Well, none of us are "experts." :-)

That is not possible. How a camera focuses can't have any effect other than
it puts the optimal point of focus properly, or it doesn't. Depth of field
is independent of that as long as the same focal length is in use.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch