Subject: [Leica] Re: another R24 question
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 14:48:03 -0800

Alexander,

I've been using my 24 for  22 years. It's a great lens. I suggest that you
buy a Leica series 8 polarizer. If you look at the edge of the lens hood
(around where you insert the filter) you will see a yellow dot. Leica
series 8 polarizers also have this yellow dot. When you put the filter in
the hood, you must be able to see both dots, otherwise the filter is in
backwards. I don't know if the B+W series 8 polarizer has this dot.

Also be careful with E60 screw-in filters. Some brands are pretty thick and
will vignette. I personally use B+W 60EW filters, which are made especially
for wide angle lenses.

Have fun,

Jim