Subject: [Leica] Need Ring Light Flash
From: "Richard Clompus" <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 23:26:59 -0500

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

I am about to begin a research project of photographing the edge thickness
of spectacle lenses.   I have an R8 and 100/2.8 apo macro lens.  I would
like to use a ring light flash on the front of the macro lens for
specialized lighting.

Can anyone suggest a ring flash for this lens?  Fortunately the R8 has a
built-in flash meter so I should be able to use a manual ring light by
pre-flashing and using the internal meter.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Happy shooting,

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD