Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 - Film didn't advanced!
From: "Jorg Willems" <jorg@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 16:10:11 -0500

Ted Grant wrote:

>Hi Jorg,
>
>First of all it's "Murphies Law" that if it is destined to happen it
>__WILL__  happen at a time such as yours. Never on a quiet walk about.
>
>Did you crimp the film leader before inserting into the take-up spool?

Hi Ted, Joe at all,

It was ME that screwed up.  Nothing wrong with the camera.
Thank you, Ted, for your advice.  I didn't know to crimp the film lead but I
will do that from now on.  My Grandfather used to say: Du wirst alt wie eine
Kuh und lernst immer noch dazu!
Yes, Joe, I usually look if the film is aligned with the sprockets and I
usually watch the rewind spool to turn.  But that was precisely my problem:
USUALLY but not this time, I guess.  I was so taken by the whole event.
Those beautiful men and women from Ghana and Nigeria dressed for the wedding
ceremony and among them some Arabic Moslems dressed in their own ways.
Katariina was behind the curtain with the other women.  We 'cheated' a
little bit (with the approval of the Imam) and exchanged cameras (R7/Metz
45CL/Kodak Portra 400vc and M6/Noctilux Tmax100) through a gap in the
curtain.  That way we got color and B/W from both prayer rooms.

Congratulation to your nomination, Ted.  Beside being a  great photographer
you are also a great teacher.  Katariina and I learned quite a lot from you
in Kennebunkport last year.

Jorg Willems who got humbled, again!
Life is a tough teacher ....