Subject: Re: [Leica] winning b/w combination
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 21:14:51 -0300

At 01:17 PM 25/12/98 +0100, you wrote:

>My questions are:
>
>-1 Do I really need to overexpose a film to get the best result? (e.g.
>TMax 100, shot at
>    64 ISO)

        I find T-Max to be an awful film and while overexposure will
"reduce" grain the other effect is the increased contrast. Good or bad
depending on your tastes.
        My preferences for B&W film is Fuji Neopan. Depending on the "NEED"
I also use Agfa B&W film.  The 25ASA is stunning.

I am not a avid B&W shooter but this is a film I have had no problems with
and the tonal range in very good.

        It works well in T-Max developer (very convienient) and finer
results with Rodinal. I just use the normanl developing instructions and
hand processed.

>BTW, I use multigrade IV of Ilford, a V35 and of course a M-camera :-)

        Prints great on this paper.

>Hope to get many winning suggestions. Thanks in advance.

1/ Try AGFA scala B&W slide film!!!

2/ Don't spend christmas in the darkroom :^)
Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
St. John's, Newfoundland.
<http://www.straylight.ca/locke/>
"I've finally figured out what's wrong with photography.
It's a one-eyed man looking through a little 'ole.
Now, how much reality can there be in that?" -- David Hockney