Subject: Re: [Leica] winning b/w combination
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 15:00:34 -0500

Guys-
The Willi Beutler formula mentioned earlier:

Solution A:
1 liter Water- hot
10g Metol
50g Sodium sulfite ( anhydrous)

Solution B:
1 liter water- hot
50g Sodium Carbonate (Anhydrous) - if you use Arm+ACY-Hammer washing soda, the
crystalline form use, 116.5g

To use+ADs- Mix 50ml of solution A and 50ml solution B in 500ml water.
Temperature- 65F degrees- it is not recommended to use higher temps.
Guide- slow emulsions develop 7-10 minutes
medium speed emulsions go 8-12 minutes.
 Yields full scale negatives, good film speed and high resolution ( and
acutance- I think this is one of the developers where Mackie Lines can be
detected, but maybe someone can help me out here as I am not too sure.
Cheers+ACE-
Dan-
dwpost+AEA-msn.com