Subject: Re: [Leica] winning b/w combination
From: "Steven L. Alexander" <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 08:39:47 -0500

>-1 Do I really need to overexpose a film to get the best result?

Run tests, your methods will establish the correct EI for the manner of
exposure, processing and printing that most closely meet your desired
results.

>-2 Which film gives the current Leica lenses the credit they deserve?

I use Ilford/Kodak T 100 film, mostly Ilford

>-3 Which chemical (e.g. Xtol, Rodinal, Tmax) gives the best result with
>that winning film?

NOT Rodinal if grain is a prblem for you, it defines grain structure to
accomplish sharp focus appearance. I use mostly Ilfotec HC and have tried
Xtol(do not like dry chemical dust) and have tried Edwal TG7 (hard to find).

>-4 Do you dilute the chemical and if so, do you also store the dilution
>or only the concentration.

Yes I dilute but ONE shot use only.

>-7 What temperature do you recommend?

Easiest for you to maintain with a short time.

>-8 Is there anything else to think about?

Test, retest and test again; then shoot lots of film and make images that
satisfy you.

>BTW, I use multigrade IV of Ilford, a V35 and of course a M-camera :-)

I like all the stuff in BTW.

Steven Alexander