Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V5 #59
From: Alexey Merz <alexey@webcom.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 11:23:13 +0000

>Then early last Sunday I drove down to San Francisco, and the
>snow began falling just 25 miles south of Eureka. I stopped at
>both the Benbow Inn and Richardson Grove as day was dawning.
>Three or four inches of snow covered redwoods and rivers in
>a rare display - maybe this happens once every 15 years. . .
>and this time I was there! I shot Velvia and Astia with the M6,
>mostly using 21mm Elmarit, 35mm Summicron and 50mm Summicron.
>What a bounty of visual delights. Fresh snow on giant trees,
>rising light over a big river, and nobody's tracks in the snow
>but my own.

Yeah! NOAA says we're to have freezing rain tomorrow, and I have a
bunch of Kodachrome and Tech Pan in the fridge, ready to go... I
live on the edge of Forest Park here in Portland, and the two
best times to shoot there are during/after spring rainstorms and
after an ice storm. Gotta stock up on candles today, though -
these things invariably knock out the power up here....

Have a wonderful Solstice/Christmas/New Year, fellow LUGgites;
and stay safe on those wet & icy roads!
Alexey Merz | URL: http://www.webcom.com/alexey | email: alexey@webcom.com