Subject: Re: [Leica] "checking list twice"
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 03:24:27 -0700

> >1: Deardorf 5x7
> >2: F5
> >3: Canon EOS-3 (just came out! And no R8? Something's wrong here...)
> >4: Rolleiflex 6008
> >5: A "G8" flatbed camera - whatever that is.
> >6: Leica M6 TTL
> >7: A monorail view camera (too many close together to single one out?
> Cowards!)
> >8: (Tie with 9) Mamiya RZ67 Pro II
> >9: (Tie with 8) Mamiya 7
> >10: Hasselblad 503CW with CW Winder
> >11: Contax G2 (Give me a break!)
> >12: Wista 45 DXII
> >13: Pentax 645N
> >14: Hasselblad Xpan
> >15: Nikon N90s
> >16: Minolta Maxxum 9 (the new pro camera just introduced - Hey, basis for
> >an R9? It's got stuff the F5 and EOS1n don't have!)
> >17: Tachihara 4x5 (tie with 18)
> >18: Calumet Wood Field
> >19: Fujica GA 645 Professional
> >20: Minolta HTsi
> >21: Pentax 67
> >22: Seagull WWSC-120 TLR
> >23: Canon ELPH
> >24: Nikon Coolpix 900
> >25: Olympus Stylus Epic.
> >
>A Deardorf 5x7 is a nobel thought but on second thought a little
unclear as it is my understanding that a standard 4x5 deardorf can just
change a back to shoot 5x7, the bellows and everything else is big
enoug...and roomy for a 4x5 which is good for flare control.
The G8 is probably the fuji 6x8 which is a great format: as in: Academy
Aspect invented by Edison, Video: most 16 mm film.
Putting the Hasselblad halfway down the list behind two Mamiya's takes
all credibility away from the list.
and no Linhoff!!