Subject: Re: [Leica] "standard camera"
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 00:24:34 -0600

>So is it as good as the SL/SL-2?  If so, it might be the first Leica R
>camera that would make me give up a Leicaflex.

Better! Of course, luddites would disagree. :-)

It's better because of faster flash sync. Yes, in my biz. flash is a
necessary evil sometimes.

Better because it's in production. Better because the meter is more
flexible, and accurate and sensitive ( I think it is anyway, anybody know
for sure?).

The viewfinder is a study in ergonomics. You can see the frame count, and
all relevant info.

Lots of reasons. I would never consider an SL or SL2.

Oh yeah, all current lenses work on it.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Everybody has a photographic memory- most just forget to load the film.