Subject: [Leica] The 3D Efect
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 20:46:33 -0600

At 12:00 PM 22/12/98 +0000, John wrote:
> One thing I really like about the Leica lenses is their ability to render
the in-focus subjects nearly 3d in its differentiation from the background.
 I don't know if this is true with Nikkors.

I've heard this so many times that I'm not sure anymore if this is a LUG
myth or if there is some truth to it. Older SM Leica lenses may have been
designed optically to bring this about intentionally, but is there any
truth to this for newer lenses, or is it just part of the Leica mystique?