Subject: Re: [Leica] "standard camera"
From: n.b.watson@juno.com (Nigel B Watson)
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 17:30:44 EST

For the record, I am not a "Nikkor type".  I have used (and still do) 4
complete sets of Leica rangefinders from LTM to the very latest.  I am as
much if not more of a Leicaphile than anyone here.  I think that the
latest Leica optics are superb...I'm thankful for this because Leica is
the only all-mechanical 35mm interchangeable bayonet-lens rangefinder
camera currently in production.  In my opinion some Leica lenses may be
superior to some Nikon lenses at some f-stops, etc., but I think it would
be laughably arrogant for me to state unequivocally that Leica lenses are
better than Nikon and furthermore that that justifies all else that is
wrong with Leica.  It would be tantamount to saying that I can see what
95% of the world's photographers (pro and amateur) cannot, and I am not
*quite* that arrogant.

Regards,
Nigel

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998 11:58:58 -0500 "Thomas J. Donovan"
>I intend on doing just that in Q1 "99"!  I'm going to do a
>comparison between Leica & Nikkor optics using one
>of the newer Nikon bodies.
>
>It's called a "reality check"; on myself & you Nikkor types.
>Really looking forward to the results (&>) !
>
>Tom D.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]