Subject: RE: [Leica] I Object
From: Jeffrey Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 11:08:37 -0500

Ken,

	I appreciate your comments which, if they represent the true
sentiment of all in the group, move me temper my objection.  Is it then that
all photographs which please us are "happy-snaps?"  I sense that for many of
us the intent in the phrase is to say that the quotidian records we keep of
our lives and families are less worthy than other photographs.  I don't
happen to think this is a considerate differentiation and that pictures of
my children at play should be judged by the same criteria as seven foot men
at play.  This is not to imply that there are no useful categories for
photography; photojournalism, aerial photography, commercial photography, et
cetera, are just and useful terms and, to me at least, do not imply that
there is something less worthy about their sibling branches of the art.

	Buzz