Subject: Re: [Leica] BEST WISHES AND TWO QUESTIONS
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 13:14:34 +0100

Walter S Delesandri wrote:

> Good RFDR cameras: (in order of preference)  Leica M4, M2, M3, Nikon
> SP, S3, Canon VI, 7, P, L.   End of list.
> Good SLR cameras: Nikon F/F2 w/standard prism.  Nikkormat FT2-3.
> Nikon F3 (maybe).  End of list.

Walt,

I'm glad to see that my subjective impressions sometimes match
your more objective analyses.

Because, in my opinion, the M4 and the F & F2 with standard prism
are leading the gang of the most beautiful 35mm cameras ever made,
each of them in their own category.
(even more in black paint finish)
The MD-2 motor is also a nice looking piece of engineering.

Maybe it's nostalgia only.
;-)

Now, I agree that some Leicaflex and R cameras are quieter (!) than the F/F2
even if the SL/SL2 MOT with motor and the F2 + MD-2 are both in the same league.
You know, with the AK-47.

This is lens aside, of course.

Lucien