Subject: Re: [Leica] M and R "standard" lens
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 14:23:06 -0600

>Do try and get hold of an F5 with 85/1.4 AFd (or even the 85/1.8 AFd)
>open wide up, put in a set of NiMH batteries, set it on "C"ontinuous AF
>with focus priority (a custom-function), set the motor drive on High, set

Been there, done that. I prefer the F5 for basketball for sure, but there's
more to life than basketball. My point was fast lenses are necessary, and
that slow zooms don't fit the need. No matter who makes them.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I am Homer of Borg, prepare to be assim...ooh, donuts!