Subject: Re: [Leica] M and R "standard" lens
From: n.b.watson@juno.com (Nigel B Watson)
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 11:54:11 EST

Do try and get hold of an F5 with 85/1.4 AFd (or even the 85/1.8 AFd)
open wide up, put in a set of NiMH batteries, set it on "C"ontinuous AF
with focus priority (a custom-function), set the motor drive on High, set
the mode to "A"perture-auto and the meter on Matrix and have a go at a
basketball match with it.  That was my first introduction to that camera
and I bought one the next day as soon as I saw the chromes on the
lightbox.

Regards,
Nigel

On Mon, 21 Dec 1998 09:14:13 -0600 Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
writes:

>I also shoot basketball with a 90 Summicron, because the gyms around
>here
>are too dim to shoot 3200 film at 2.8 and keep the shutter speed above
>1/180. <snip>
>
>Focusing is difficult, but not impossible.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]