Subject: [Leica] Canada vs. Leitz (Ger)
From: Scott Busby <reconair@primenet.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 16:04:03 -0700

- --------------D2BCDF8B3027E32D869250E3

I've followed the prices of Leica accessories on this newsgroup and
various other sites.  I'm wondering why lenses made in Canada are of
lower price than those made in Germany.  Other than the fact that
Canadian manufactured lenses are designated as such, I would think that
the formulas are executed by the Leitz standard.  Or, is it because the
German manufactured Leitz lenses are more desirable, just because they
are made in Germany,  than Canadian made.  Seems to me that Canadian vs
German manufacturer is really irrelevant provided the Leitz formulae
remains the same.  Comments?

Scott

- --------------D2BCDF8B3027E32D869250E3

begin:vcard
n:Busby;Major Scott
tel;pager:378-7936
tel;fax:520-538-5450
tel;home:520-459-5029
tel;work:520-538-2808/07  (DSN: 879)
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:E, 305th MI Bn, 111th MI Bde (US Army);Aerial Exploitation Training Company (AETC)
adr:;;;US Army Intelligence Center and Ft Huachuca;Arizona;85613-6000;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:reconair@primenet.com
title:Commander
note:RC-12 and EH-60 Special Electronic Mission Aircraft (SEMA)  -- Hunter/Outrider UAV and Joint UAV Training Center
x-mozilla-cpt:;7088
fn:Scott Busby
end:vcard

- --------------D2BCDF8B3027E32D869250E3--