Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 im devere cold conditions
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 14:35:18 -0800

Alexander wrote:

>I am leaving in a few hours for a 2 day mountain trip in central Greece.
>The reported temperature is -12 degrees to -4 degrees (extrems have
>reached -18) and i will be taking my love, the R8 with me. It will be
>interesting how the battery holds out at these temperatures. I'll keep
>yiou posted of what happens!>>>>

Hi Alexander,

If you get this , your R8 should be just fine!  I've used mine at a lot
colder than -18, about - 35! :)  And it worked just fine.

At present I'm using the new re-chargable power pack which attaches to the
bottom of the winder and it works perfect from the tropics to the arctic.

Have a good trip and many great exposures.

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant