Subject: Re: [Leica] Aperture Ring on Apo-Telyt M 135mm f3.4
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 22:17:43 +0100

John,

Mine is also not as firm as some of the other lenses, just as you describe. It seems normal.

Incidentally, in case anyone is wondering about the outcome of my woes with the incompatibility between my M3 and the Apo Telyt, I have sent the M3 for rangefinder check and adjustment and will reserve judgement until I get it back in January. On the M6, the lens is fine--my test slides of an antique doll at close distance are great.

Nathan

John P. Koch wrote:

> I just received my new ApoTelyt M 135, and it seems that the aperture ring is very loose, with very little resistance to moving from one f-stop to another.  The diaphragm is expanding and contracting appropriately and the ring does click on the full stops.  I am wondering if this is normal on this specific model or on other "long" M telephotos.
>
> Won't see the first chromes back till Monday, so I don't know if there is anything optically wrong or not.  The lens certainly looks and feels Leica-like with the butter smooth focusing.
>
> Am I worrying over nits, or should I be concerned about the loose aperture ring?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> John Koch

- --
Nathan Wajsman