Subject: [Leica] Aperture Ring on Apo-Telyt M 135mm f3.4
From: "John P. Koch" <jpkoch@telerama.lm.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 15:12:54 -0500

I just received my new ApoTelyt M 135, and it seems that the aperture ring is very loose, with very little resistance to moving from one f-stop to another.  The diaphragm is expanding and contracting appropriately and the ring does click on the full stops.  I am wondering if this is normal on this specific model or on other "long" M telephotos.

Won't see the first chromes back till Monday, so I don't know if there is anything optically wrong or not.  The lens certainly looks and feels Leica-like with the butter smooth focusing.

Am I worrying over nits, or should I be concerned about the loose aperture ring?

Thanks for the help.

John Koch