Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: A Leica Question
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 19:34:34 -0800

Dan Post wrote:

>I don't know if the salesman was pulling my leg then, but when the f1.0
>Noctilux came out, I was told that they were expensive, AND hard to get-
>because the Border Patrol had ordered a bunch to use with night vision
>devices- obviously the earlier generation ones. Anyone know about that?

FOLKS,

This is the time of year the darkness in the northern hemisphere creates
wierd and wonderful silly things, while in the southern hemisphere they
begin to wake-up and get just as crazy. Those in the middle hemisphere?
They're just wierd and wild all the time! :) Well OK humour me! :)

So I bet this Noctilux, eye piece, burning holes in heads is going to
become wild over the next ten days as the sun and darkness does crazy
things to the brains of an awfull lot of Leica using folks! :)

Add to it, don't sit back and do nothing, the crazies are happening over
the next ten days!

Dan,

Border Patrol eh? Sounds good to me. :) So now I know why there is a
shortage of them. Noctilux f 1.2's that is! :)

ted