Subject: Re: [Leica] M5
From: LP6@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 17:48:50 EST

Re:  M5

1.  I've owned and used an M5 with Noctilux F1.2 and 35 F2.0 lenses for years.

2.  For me the size of the M5 is a perfect fit for my hands.  Nice balance
with Noctilux.

3.  The M5 metering is excellent and absolutely trouble free:  as with all
analog devices,  with practice you can get a feel for it and a  nocti-thumb
(as in "green thumb") follows!  I shoot slide film; mostly, K64.

4.  Ernst Hartman modified my M5... so I no longer use mercury batteries.

Leon
LP6@aol.com