Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux Lore!
From: n.b.watson@juno.com (Nigel B Watson)
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 13:09:18 EST

Reaching back into memory, the Summitar and *collapsible* Summicron in
LTM aren't exceedingly different.  The *rigid* Summicron in LTM (a pricey
collector's piece nowadays, I'm told) is a noticeable improvement.  From
what I've seen in dealers across the continent, it is nearly impossible
to find any of the above with the front coating not in some form of
disrepair.  If you do, it is probably re-coated or exhorbitantly priced,
or both.  I were looking for a 50 to use on both LTM and M I'd look for
one of the later, coated Elmars...or, if you believe the PJ's from the
50's couldn't all be wrong, find a Nikkor (or Canon/Serenar) in LTM.

Regards,
Nigel

On Thu, 17 Dec 1998 06:57:58 PST "dan states" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
writes:
>What was you opinion of the summitar vs summicron.  I am considering
>purchasing a 50 that I can use on both an m6 and a screw mount and the
>
>price difference is suprising.  Is the summitar a stinker?

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]