Subject: Re: [Leica] New Home Page
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 17:27:53 +0000

George Lauterstein wrote:

>Jim, the only sharpening I'm aware of is done after the scan is on the hard
>drive.  I use Photoshop 3.0 and would be happy to talk to you about their
>sharpening.  Is that your software of choice?

I'm pretty sure that Lasersoft's Silverfast software, which I use to drive
my Coolscan LS-20 and my Microtek E6 flatbed, has an unsharp masking option
at the scan stage.

Equally, Extensis Intellihance has very powerful sharpening tools,
especially the latest offering, version 4.0 (which only works with PS4 and
PS5). Version 3.0 works fine with PS3.

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst