Subject: Re: [Leica] Tri-Elmar
From: n.b.watson@juno.com (Nigel B Watson)
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 16:55:36 EST

I tried one out for a day when it was first released. On the plus side:
my images were sharp and contrasty and only in my test shot of a bricked
wall could I detect the slightly increased linear distortion at the 28mm
length over the 28 Elmarit.  Also, for someone who doesn't already own
lenses in those focal lengths, the cost is less than 3 separate Leica
lenses.  On the minus side:  f/4 is slow for those focal lengths.  No
problem for daylight happy snaps but not so for all-round use in place of
the Summicrons. I also lamented the shallow DOF I can utilise at f/2 with
a 50mm.  The wide-angle bias was another minus; one still needs at least
a 90.  If the Tri-Elmar would have been 35-50-75 or better, 35-50-90 I
might have purchased it.

Regards,
Nigel

On Wed, 16 Dec 1998 16:13:07 -0500 "Richard E. Baznik"
<reb10@po.cwru.edu> writes:
>I've been subscribed for about a month now and I've yet to see any
>comment
>about the new Tri-Elmar lens. Anyone out there with experiences to
>share?///REB

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]