Subject: Re: [Leica] Lenshood cover for Noctilux
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 11:10:04 -0400

Nathan:

Your lens should take 58mm filters.  Got to your dealer and get a generic
snap on cap.  I have the next version of the Noctilux which takes 60mm
filters.  It did not come with a hood, but did have the cap which is a
plastic press on type.  It falls off very easily.  I also found a spare cap
for it at a camera shop.  These shops usually have a drawer full of old
caps and you just pick through them until you get one that fits.  Your only
other option is to pay the price and get your dealer to order you in an
original cap (14205).  He will need the serial number of the lens to get
the proper cap.  Erwin's site has a link with this info.

http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/m/lenses/listm.html

As for the hood caps, I don't think they make any for your lens.  I have
only seen them on the recent rectangular hoods for the M wide angle lenses.

Regards,

Robert