Subject: RE: [Leica] I for one am glad Kodachrome is dead or dying.[!]
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 16:38:26 -0800

OK!  I do understand that E-6 films use dye couplers and K-14 films do not.
I also understand that due to this K-14 is considered a higher-resolving
process.

Your implication was taken as Kodachrome had finer grain than the new films.

If I misunderstood, I apologize since you and I know Velvia has a better RMS
measure than Kokdachrome.

I guess we both have our opinions and it is always nice to listen to others.
As to accuracy of Velvia, its not! But many colors like purple, teal, et al
although saturated are closer to the real color than Kodachrome.  Yes, no
film is 100% accurate for color we all have our preferences.

But I do take exception to your saying I "namecall," as I have never
namecalled on this list or any other.  I simply strongly word my opinions,
but never insult or namecall an individual!

Peter K