Subject: [Leica] What should I charge?
From: "John McLeod" <johnmcleod@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 13:59:19 +0000

LUGgers,

As some of you know, I'm not a professional photographer, but I do
occasional assignments on request.  If anyone out there would be willing to
provide me with some basic guidance, input, hourly ranges, whatever, I'd
sure appreciate it.

A friend of mine wants me to shoot an orhestra and choral group over a two
day period -- first a one hour practice then the big Kahuna this Sunday at a
major outdoor concert location in northern California.  It's a pretty big
deal with significant funding, $13 at the gate and all.  The photos will be
used for press releases at a minimum, but knowing everyone that has ever
asked me to take photos, they'll want the rights to use the pictures for the
next 40 years.  That said, I doubt they'll use them for much other than the
press releases.

I don't have time to get complicated with the pricing.  They need a fixed
fee plus expenses for the two day shoot.  The first day practice will take
about 1 hour, the real thing will take at least 2 or 3.  But I'll have to
run around, buy  and develop film, etc.  Thanks very much.

These are the times when I wish I had that F5 with 24 to 300 zoom.  Just
kidding!

John McLeod