Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Am I Wrong ? or Steve McCurry's photograph
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 20:34:30 -0600

> I wonder if Steve
>    McCurry/Nikon/National Geographic secured a model release to use
>    her picture in this commercial advertisement.

I believe it would be considered fair use, no? An advertisement using a
photo from a collection in this context would be appropriate. And I doubt
McCurry got a model release. I have heard him tell the story how he got it
a long time ago. It is a wonderful picture.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

"...nostalgia ain't what it used to be." ...unknown