Subject: Re: [Leica] Tiltall tripods
From: Kekfoto@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 00:25:55 EST

Stan, the story goes that the Tiltall was originally manufactured by the C.M.
Marchioni Co. in Rutherford N.J. When the two Marchioni Brothers died, the two
widows individually sold the rights to two different companies. I don't know
who finally won out but at one time Leitz did offer them in their catalog. I
found my Marchioni Tiltall (Model #4602 the label says) in the back room of
Chicago's Central Camera about 15 years ago at a give away price and although
not a professional, I use it when I get serious!

                                       Kirk