Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica SLR lenses with Contax/Zeiss SLR line
From: Erich Champion <nepenthe@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 00:04:18 -0800

Hi,

For the last several months, I've had the following two systems to compare and contrast:

Leica R4             Contax RTS III
 24/2.8               18/4
 50/2.0               34/1.4
180/2.8               85/1.4
                     180/2.8

I've taken them to Yosemite and up and down Big Sur. Both systems are
excellent, but in the end, I decided that I like Contax better. My Zeiss
pictures are

> Date: Mon, 7 Dec 98 10:50:54 -0400
> From: CNICOLIN <cnicolin@ix.netcom.com>
> Subject: [Leica] lenses
>
> Has anybody compared the Leica SLR lenses with Contax/Zeiss SLR line ? I
> realize that  lens color rendition may be different and that LEICA SLR
> lenses may built to a higher standard. I would be interested in hearing
> from people that have used both lines. I am a Leica M user (I love my M6
> + 35/2.0 M and 50/1.4 lenses ) and I am presently considering buying into
> a small SLR system (camera body and three lenses: 25-24 mm, 80-90 mm and
> 180-250 mm range).
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Claudio

Erich Champion