Subject: Re: [Leica] Still vs Motion
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 19:43:55 -0700

- ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01BE2475.6BDEF520

The main part of this discussion seems to deal whit the taste of, how =
much
the as i understand it the documentary if its either a photograph or a
filmclip, and as I se it, how much it is going to trick the observer =
about
the current event, am i right i have newly participated in the LUG

It would be intresting to read about what the discussion members think
about the photograph or the film as a eyewittnes, and the difrence =
between
the two mediums,=20

H=E4lsenor Rikard
++++
Dear Halsenor,
I agree, taste is a factor, a big one. But as far as "eye-witness" goes, =
computers have made it possible to fake anything with either medium. =
Even so, especially those of us who grew up when "photos did not lie," a =
photo does (usually) seem to indicate reality, or "truth." How film or =
still images "mean" is a large, difficult topic that evolves with time =
and technology.=20
Sincerely,
Joe Stephenson

- ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01BE2475.6BDEF520

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>The main part of this discussion seems to deal whit the taste of, =
how=20
much<BR>the as i understand it the documentary if its either a =
photograph or=20
a<BR>filmclip, and as I se it, how much it is going to trick the =
observer=20
about<BR>the current event, am i right i have newly participated in the=20
LUG<BR><BR>It would be intresting to read about what the discussion =
members=20
think<BR>about the photograph or the film as a eyewittnes, and the =
difrence=20
between<BR>the two mediums, <BR><BR>H&auml;lsenor Rikard<BR><FONT =
color=3D#000000=20
size=3D2>++++</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Dear Halsenor,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I agree, taste is a factor, a big =
one. But as=20
far as &quot;eye-witness&quot; goes, computers have made it possible to =
fake=20
anything with either medium. Even so, especially those of us who grew up =
when=20
&quot;photos did not lie,&quot; a photo does (usually) seem to indicate =
reality,=20
or &quot;truth.&quot; How film or still images &quot;mean&quot; is a =
large,=20
difficult topic that evolves with time and technology. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Sincerely,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Joe =
Stephenson</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01BE2475.6BDEF520--