Subject: [Leica] Re: Halogen light and lenses
From: n.b.watson@juno.com (Nigel B Watson)
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 20:57:17 EST

I can understand why one would opt to live with a few specks of dust
which accumulates during the life of a lens rather than go to the expense
of having it cleaned and take the chance it might not be re-assembled as
expertly as it left the factory.  I can even see why one might rather not
be obsessive with regards to microscopic imperfections (although Erwin's
comments on the latest Leica lenses clearly point out the need for strict
tolerances if their potential--hence, value--is to be realised).
However, I can't reconcile how an individual can insist on only using
Leica (or Zeiss) glass, pay the huge premium for it, deplore the use of a
UV filter, yet accept a brand-new lens with a "huge bubble" in the front
element.

Regards,
Nigel

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998 08:54:45 -0800 Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> writes:
I bought a new Hasselblad lens, 60mm Distigon, that had a
>huge
>bubble in the glass. Right up front, plain as day. It was a stunning
>performer. I used that lens on many commercial jobs. It was indeed,
>one of
>my favorites.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]