Subject: Re: [Leica] No more PMK 25 - Nat Geo..
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 22:09:40 -0300

At 11:19 AM 10/12/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Just had a thought about this. If they are discontinuing PMK25 (Kodachrome
>professional 25), will this mean the end of National Geographic as we know
>it? Will they lower themselves to use the "Amateur/consumer" version?!

        Hi Tim,  I think most magazine shooters are pretty convinced with
Fujichrome 50/Velvia.

        It wasn't that long ago, though, that I had a lot of sweet talking
to do to get Equinox to let me shoot Fujichrome on a major assignment (when
they still commissioned major assignments!).

        ...but I still look fondly at the K25 I shot of F1 and Indy car
racing in years past. Still stunning.

        I have not shot Kodachrome since it became such a hassle to get
processed in Canada about 7 years ago.

regards,

Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
St. John's, Newfoundland.
<http://www.straylight.ca/locke/>
"I've finally figured out what's wrong with photography.
It's a one-eyed man looking through a little 'ole.
Now, how much reality can there be in that?" -- David Hockney