Subject: [Leica] Contax & Leica
From: salex@idt.net (sam alexander)
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 19:41:17 -0500 (EST)

Having had an R8 and also a Contax RX, my post impressions (have sold both -
focusing on  a full M system and use OM4T's for SLR):
The Contax was smoother and felt better to hold and operate. The focus
confirmation worked well when needed. . .both are, IMO too heavy. . .(the OM4T
wins here hands down). Also, you can get a new RX for nearly half
the price of a new R8. the RTSIII is probably, IMO, the best studio
SLR made. As far as glass. . .I was somewhat dissapointed with the
legendary 100 2.8 APO. . it was very very good, but not as memorable, in my
experience,
as the Hasselblad 150 CF Sonnar I once owned. The Zeiss 100 2.0 was also
just very, very good - not extraordinary. But I feel that every lens is
different,
and some examples of both those mentioned could well be extraordinary!