Subject: Re: [Leica] Another question on 70-180 and 80-200
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 10:58:41 -0400

Nigel:

The 1.4 APO does not work on many Leica lenses.  It protruded in past the
mount of the lens it is mated to so it will not work on any lens that has
the rear element within a cm or so of the mount.  It will not work with the
70-180, 180 APO's, or the 100 APO.

I checked the Leica Adobe PDF file that I got from their site and it lits
the compatible lenses as:

180 F2 APO
280 F4 APO
280 F2.8 APO
400 F2.8 APO and the rest of the Modular iterations
105-280 F4.2
The non-current lenses it will work with are:
100 F4 Macro
180 F2.8 non APO
400,560, and 800mm Telyts

I hope you don't mind me correcting you on it, as this was the third or
fouth time you have suggested that people get a 1.4 APO extender.  I have
one of these extenders and it does an excellent job with my 400 2.8 and my
105-280.  It will not fit any of my other lenses except a Tamron 300 2.8 I
have.

Regards,

Robert