Subject: Re: [Leica] How often CLA
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 17:50:47 -0500

At 10:07 PM 1998-12-09 +0100, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

>So, my M6 is designed to simply work until it breaks, while my M3 should have
>regular CLA. But what does "regular" mean here? Has Leica ever issued any
>guidelines about it? I do not see any information of this type in my M3
manual,
>nor in any of my Leica books. Note: I am not challenging your statement, I
>really just want to know.

I don't recall seeing it in the IB's, either.  I believe it was contained
in instructions given the dealers.  And I might have a statement about the
Leitz CLA policy in one of my old LEICA PHOTOGRAPHY magazines.  German IB's
RARELY contain any reference to the slightest possibility of your camera's
needing repairs or maintenance.  (The IB for my old VW Beetle stated,
similarly, that "any reputable fuel was acceptable, though gasoline-benzol
blends were recommended".  In other words, they didn't suggest you run your
Bug on cognac, as those gummy deposits would clog up the carburetter!)

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!