Subject: RE: [Leica] How often CLA
From: "B. D. Colen" <BDColen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 11:55:15 -0500

 I though the opposite! Especially in the case of the late M3's and
> the M4's. My impression - from info accumulated over a period of time -was
> that later M's started cost cutting in certain areas and were not as well
> made. . .

The fact that something is designed to work until it breaks - without
servicing along the way - doesn't necessarilly mean that it is well made, or
better made than something that requires servicing. All it means is that
certain formerly serviceable parts are now sealed, or what ever, and don't
require servicing. But that often means that they can't be serviced and must
be replaced. By the way, this is a generic comment, not a Leica-specific
comment, as I don't claim to know squat about the innerds of my camera. :-)