Subject: [Leica] Re: quality was batteries
From: cb <chribeck@mdc-berlin.de>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 12:05:44 +0200

George Huczek wrote:
>The average Leica buyer has much _higher_ expectations of the
>equipment. Part of this demand for high quality also has to do with
>the way Leicas are marketed:
>>The Leica M6 stands for reliable functioning in any conceivable
>>situation, continuous high performance, stability in value and
>>supreme durability. This is guaranteed not only by the choice of
>>best materials, but also by state-of-the-art manufacturing
>>techniques and the exceptional Leica quality control standards --
>>Made in Germany.

George,

are you really believing? If so the 'average' Leica buyer must be a bit
stupid. Or let's say they are dreamers. Quality prooves by experience
not by any statement/wish and is not necessarily dependend on price.
Remember at Solms much of the assembly is still done by hand.  C.'s and
N.'s are mostly build by robots. Now I ask you, who is going to make
more mistakes, man or robot?
If Leica is checking every single peace of equipment, are they doing
because all is so very well build? Or could it be that it is simply
necessary?

Christian