Subject: [Leica] RE: Re: KINOPTIC lenses
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 13:48:35 -0800

I suspect that a multicoated B+W UV filter would indeed improve upon the
Kinoptic lens flare susceptibility. It would be worth a try.

This flare problem is not a fable. Many years ago, John Knight (Leicaphile,
upstate NY) was about to buy a Kinoptic and I warned him about the flare
problem. He tested the lens, didn't buy it, and thanked me over and over
for the heads-up.

Jim